Friday, June 15, 2007

Weighty Matters

I just have to post a quick note about how proud I am of my family. On May 7th, Alexander and I started on a pretty restrictive diet. Alexander has lost 10 pounds!! He has been faced with such amazing challenges and temptations, I am just so proud of him. We have been to so many dinners, bbqs, church activities etc in the last couple of months and he has resisted all temptations, sometimes he was even brought to tears, but he hung in there. I am jumping up and down with pride. Not only is he getting healthier, but he is learning about his own ability to control his passions - what wonderful things he is teaching himself.

Alexander's amazing success has inspired Robert to get on an exercise program and he is working out at 6am everyday. He has also cut his caloric intake in half and stopped snacking. This is the first time in his life that he has ever been able to "diet". He says he is inspired by Alexander.

I have to also say something about my skinny Daniel and Max; of course they can eat whatever they want, but I have stopped buying any junk so it isn't in the house for the other 3 of us and also I've had a few special things for Alexander to help him out like Crystal Lite, and some diet desserts -- the boys haven't complained one bit and they have been totally supportive.

I am so grateful for my family - they are just wonderful! Losing weight is SO HARD! If you don't have any extra - don't get any!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom- you are embarrasing me. It is actually pretty tough, and if you want a tip, this can help-
Cystile Light- Yum, Yum, Yum! I guzzel it down by the (24oz) glass! Trust me, this stuff works!
Also-
Avoid Pretzels! They are addictive and not too healthy. A good diet snack... if you have good self restraint!

Rockwell Family said...

Hello to the Baxters!

We are so proud of all of you. It takes a lot of self control to do what you are doing. We are also excited about the news of Anastasia. We also pray for her to come home. We will continue to pray for her during her adjustment to having a family and home.
Our journey to me blog expired and money is really tight so we started another blog. You inspired us. http://www.rockwellfamilyutah.blogspot.com/
We love you guys and like to keep up on your lives by reading your blog.