Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Autumn or Fall

Well, as the colors slowly change, things start to feel new again. It has been a hard time missing my Hercules and we have felt so empty around here. We couldn't take it anymore and went down to one of the lost dog/ rescue places and got ourselves an old hound dog. Actually, he is a new hound dog - only 1 1/2 yrs old and quite a cutey. His name is Copper and he has helped lift our spirits quite a bit.

I am now getting ready to go for surgery in the morning. They are going to replace my other hip/femur with another big steel rod. The Bionic Woman! I am so not looking forward to leaving to the hospital for another week or whatever it will be. It is so hard to be away from everyone for so long. I am going to take my scriptures and try my hardest to stay connected.

I haven't been to church in over a month - 5 weeks I think. I have never done that before and it does feel so lonely. Of course, I know the Lord is with me wherever I am, but it just feels like when we go to church its our special meeting place and He's expecting me....anyway, I just miss church and all the sisters there.

So many people have written me little notes and I thank you for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers. I do believe that you all are praying me alive. I do. Sometimes, when I do feel weak or sick and tired, I can feel the Lord taking pity on me and carrying me along for a while. Thank you all so much for interceeding on my behalf - He does listen.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you have a successful surgery and recover quickly.

Judy and Don said...

Hi Holly,

I just signed on to your blog this morning at 8:35am to see how you were doing. I will certainly keep you in prayer this morning during surgery!

God is your refuge & strength. Rest in Him...

Hugs!
Judy in KC
Sept 2005 DTC Group

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly! I hope your surgery went well and I am glad to see you are adding to your blog. Best Wishes!
Mary Kirkpatrick-Phx

sharon said...

Hi I'm a friend of Erin and I just want you to know that I look up to you I wish I could be as humble and as faithful as you. My husband and I lost our son a year ago to sids when he was 8 months old and my faith was shaken but reading your blog and knowing how strong you are through all your trials makes me want to try harder so thank you and know that you will be in my families prayers god bless - sharon jensen

Anonymous said...

Erin, Judy and my new friend Sharon,
Thank you so much for your well wishes, your love and prayers - what faithful and good women you are.
Sharon, I thank you for your compliments, but you will see from reading my blog that I get my strength from others...good and loving women like yourself who pray for me, educate me and uplift me. Your trial is one I can't imagine. It is a path I haven't walked and don't think I could. I will keep you in my prayers too. Do you know that poem "Footsteps"? I will try to find it and post it here. I think it is appropriate.
Have a wonderful Christmas my dear sisters (Well -- I guess I get to see Erin for Christmas - yeehaw!can't wait!) and keep the Lord close and rejoice, there is so much Good News out there, you must rejoice about it and try to change the bad things if you can. Love yo you all. Holly