Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My 5 o'clock shadow...

Well, we got some of the test results back. Most things look 'stable', but they did find a fracture in my lower spine and a rather large tumor next to it. The tumor may or may not be pushing on the fractured site causing pain. But mostly they have decided that it is the chemo that is causing my elephant leg problem. So, back onto the chemo; once again modified. We are keeping our prayers flowing, hoping that this too shall pass.

Robert got to go to the Temple tonight; I'm a bit envious, but oh so happy he got to go. My mom has been taking Wednesdays off so she can stay home with the boys while we go to Chemo. Rosie comes with us and keeps all the nurses entertained. She is always lively and amusing. It is so sweet, she always cuddles up to me while the nurses poke and prode and she rubs my arm and says, "aw...mama ow ow", "aw". Over and over again - she can be so empathetic.

About the title...I am so thrilled, this newest chemo I was on allowed me to grow a little 5 o'clock shadow on my head. It is about as long as Robert's is at the end of the day, but still, it is a little color on my scalp instead of a shiny, white, glowing light bulb! We'll see if it contines to grow or if it will all fall out now. I also got back 1/2 of my eyebrows. They grew from the corner of my eyes to about 1/2 way so the outer part didn't grow back in...oh well, some hair is way better than none!

5 comments:

Erin said...

That is so wonderful that you have peach fuzz. I think losing my hair would be very hard for me, kind of taking away part of your femininity. I hope this new chemo works better and I am so sorry about the tumor and back fracture.

Unknown said...

Dearest Holly!There is not a day when Cara or Luca won't pray for you. It's
There is no way that the part of the prayer that is for you, is left out:)
We miss you and your precious family very much!We wish you that this Easter Season (my favorite holiday of them all) will fill your house with love and this true joy no one else can give.The biggest hug, Yours, Summer.

Unknown said...

..and you have the most beautiful eyes ...just was thinking about them the other day, when I found the invitation for the Pioneer fireside you prepared here in Vienna.I will never forget that. You are just such an amazing woman.
summer

Anonymous said...

I just thought you would like to know that you are now included in my prayers. I pray for your stamina and continued good cheer which you use as a example to the rest of us. As Christ has promised may your burden be light.

momabroad said...

Hi Holly. I really hope you get some better chemo meds. When you mentioned the vinyl lettering in your last post, I remembered the great Home Evening board you did with the girls, and the other great things you did. You are so talented. Many times when I've walked past your old apartment, I've thought of you and your family. It was so nice to have your boys play with ours. Say hi to them. Your family has been missed in our ward. I wish you a good weekend. Schoenes wochenende.
Karen Julian