Tuesday, June 03, 2008

SCC

One of my favorite songs is "All I Want for Christmas". It is by a popular Christian musician, Steven Curtis Chapmann. I really enjoy some of his music and that song in particular is so wonderful. It is about children with no families or homes, he sings, "all I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in, a shoulder to cry on when I lose, a shoulder to ride on when I win...........all I really want for Christmas, is a family". The first time I heard it, I saw the video too. He shows pictures of Foster Children who are looking for homes. It is such a beautiful song. He also has a few others that just move me deeply. I first got interested in his music because I found out he has a ministry and trys to help people who adopt from China. He and his wife had adopted 3 beautiful girls from China and they truly want to help others, so I started reading his blogs etc while we were waiting for our court date for Rosie.

Anyway, on May 22, they lost their youngest (adopted from China) daughter in a driveway accident. She was 5 years old. I found out about it the next day and they have been on my mind and in my prayers. Please, if you are so inclined, check out their blog and remember them in your prayers:

http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/?roi=farm-12766586-88803-14a570b25b795856f5a4b7c2b8067d5a&

3 comments:

DD said...

I heard about S.C.Chapman's tragedy. How terrible for the whole family. Just the day before, accidents like that were the story on Oprah, which I hardly get a chance to watch. It was very surreal.

My favorite Chapman song is Fingerprints of God. It can make me cry but in a good way.

Just wanted to pop in here and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers always.

DD said...

I saw this book and thought you might be interested in it for Rosie

A singe red thread children's book

viennabaxters said...

Darla,
Thank you so much for remembering us and for popping in once in a while! I am familiar with the book you recommended but had forgotten to order it so thank you so much for the reminder! I'll do that asap.
May God Bless you for all your kindness Darla,
Holly