Friday, September 02, 2005

Our newest big news!

Nope, I'm not pregnant. Well, actually, I kind of am.....

Last year the boys were home from school on a holiday and we all were vegging out watching Oprah. It happened to be a show about adoption of all things. We followed Lisa Ling to China as we watched American families adopt these precious babies. They also had a segment on the orphanages. This struck my boys very deeply. They showed inside the orphanages and they also showed some footage of the so called "dying rooms" where the sick babies are left alone until they leave this world.

This struck us all heavily, especially Max and Dima. All three boys wanted to leave for China and bring all those unwanted babies home. Sigh. If only we could save the world.

The boys didn't drop it though. They kept hounding us - for months. Of course, we already don't know where the money is going to come from for Anastasia's adoption so we can't afford another one, can we? Children don't understand about money though - they told us it would work out somehow. Robert and I even started to talk about it since it was quite unusual that all three of our boys could keep on track for that long!

Eventually I felt compelled to pray about it. It is not like I was ever opposed to the idea it just seemed so impossible financially. I felt very good about it though after my prayer and then I started to bug Robert about it too. Finally, he prayed about it too and was comforted and felt assured that it is the right thing for us to do. We still haven't figured out all the financial aspects of it (I may start a mail order chocolate cookie business - place your orders now!), but we know it is the right thing for us, for our family, for God, and also, most definately for that little girl who will be spoiled rotten by her doting siblings.

We have submitted our paperwork and will know soon if we are approved. We are so excited, the boys are all thinking of names and every time we see an Asian baby or toddler, everyone asks, "OOoo is that what our sister is going to look like?". What a wonderful family we have. I can think of no greater gift than to have righteous children who want to help other children.

I'm getting a little girl!!!!!!!!!!! Yiipppeeee!!

Here is our "short list" for names - I've provided the meaning too:

Carmen: means crimson

Celeste: gentle and heavenly

Sylvia or Sylvy: girl of the forest

Ruth: loyal friend

Rose: rose, blushing

Judy: woman worthy of praise

Grace: graceful

Stephanie: regal

Olivia: flourishing

Rachael: peaceful as a lamb

Edith: a blessed girl who is a gift to mankind

Ivy: easy going

Eva: life

Cast your votes now and THINK PINK. We are sooo excited.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so excited for you guys! My top picks are Grace, Olivia, Stephanie (that's my middle name) and Eva. Do you have a time frame of when you will be getting her?

viennabaxters said...

Hi Erin,
Thanks for your excitement. We think we should get her next May. We don't know about an age yet, but she should be a year or under. Hurray we can have children and grandchildren about the same age. (Proof that we are mormon I guess). I had no idea Robert would be so opinionated about the baby's name. Sigh. All three boys have big opinions too. It will probably be a battle down to the bitter end!