Friday, September 01, 2006

Orphanage Drive Information

We are going to forge ahead with the Orphanage Drive. We will just use PayPal and anyone who would like to can send in a donation. We have about 6 months to collect funds. This money will be used to do something to help the children; food, cleaning supplies, school supplies etc.

No need to think big here folks. If everyone I know chipped in $5, I'd probably be able to remodel the place!

I have a link to Anastasia's orphanage:
http://www.iorphan.org/orphanages/pokrovka_orphanage.asp

If you go to this website you can see pictures and learn a little more about the orphanage. I tried to add this address to my links but it didn't work. I'll keep working on it.

If you would like to donate to the Orphanage Drive you can email me the money through PayPal. My email address is:
hollywinters@hotmail.com

  • You can copy and past my email address,
  • Then click on the Orphanage Drive link on the right -
  • That will take you to PayPal,
  • Select "Send Money"
  • In the recipients box you can paste my email address.

You will need a PayPal account to do this but it is easy to sign up. Just follow the directions for "New User". You can have the funds come from your credit card or from your bank account.

If you are unable to contribute, your prayers and well wishes are most welcome!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Why did you choose this orphange?

Julia

viennabaxters said...

We chose this orphanage because this is the one Anastasia lives at. When we got Max 3 years ago, we went to the is orphanage and spent a couple of weeks there. We saw the need of the children and it became much more personal to us. Also, our hope is that if we can raise some money before we go to Russia, then we can take it with us and hand deliver it. Otherwise, it may be more difficult to get it there. I am sure that every orphanage in Russia or Eastern Europe could desparately use help. We just chose this one because two of our children are from there.