Thursday, December 28, 2006

Another Snag

Well, I'm sure no one will be surprised to hear that we've hit another wall with Anastasia's adoption. Turns out the Russian govt wants our Homestudy to be approved by an agency licensed in Virginia (our state of residence and also the place where our Social Worker is licensed). I am currently trying to find someone willing to work with us and to sign the paperwork we need. Argh. This too shall pass, I know, but...well, argh!

We are still hoping to have her by Easter. Things are looking good with Rosie though. We are still planning to travel by the end of January. We are waiting for our TA (Travel Approval) from China and then we can make an appt with the consulate and then we will have our travel date. My mom just learned that she will be able to take leave while we go to China (thank you, thank you to all those who had to bend and sacrifice to give my mom leave...again!)

That means that Daniel and Alexander will come with us to China and my mom will stay here with Max and the dogs. When we go to Russia, Max will come with us and Daniel and Alexander and the dogs will stay here. We have a lot of travel in the next few months! We couldn't afford to take all the boys on both trips but Robert thinks he has it figured out that we can do it this way using award miles. What a blessing! I hate being away from any of the boys for so long, but this is the next best solution.

Thank you to everyone who prays for us and also to those who work so hard to help us. Where would we be without you all? Thank you mom for your continual sacrifice, who would I be without you? Would I even have my family?

No comments: