Monday, January 08, 2007

ARGH and YAY!

I'm feeling grumpy and blue. We still don't have our TA (Travel Approval) for China. This is getting really nerve racking because my mom has requested the time off work and we still don't have travel dates confirmed. Our agency was quite sure we would have the TA last week but it didn't come. Most of the other agencies have theirs, it is so Frustrating. It didn't come in their Monday Fedex so we are hoping for Tuesday. bummer

On the totally un-grumpy and joyful side -- I'm having a shower. I can't tell you all how excited I am about this. I love baby showers and celebrating new little lives. I have given so many baby showers to those I care about and it has always brought me such joy. I've never had one myself though and I am oh so excited about it. Unfortunately, we are still quite new in Frankfurt and I don't know if my dear friend Dawnella will be able to scare up many participants but even if it is just a couple, I am so excited! I am so blessed to have moved to Frankfurt and still be close to all my friends in Vienna (even if I have only seen 1 of them so far!) and be only 30 minutes away from the most marvelous friend; she has 1 son who is living on his own now and 4 little girls under the age of 5! Two of them still in Diapers and she is giving me a baby shower. I actually feel guilty, but that's okay! I just don't know how she does it. I just wish Stephanie and Donna and Ronde' and Silvy and Christy and Michelle could be here with me to celebrate. I miss them so much. I will definately take pictures and post them later. It is going to be on January 20th.

I don't know how I got blessed with these wonderful friends but I'm pretty sure we all hung out together even before we came to this earth!

No comments: