Saturday, January 20, 2007

Baby Shower

Wow. I just returned home from the most exciting and fun afternoon ever! So many people came to my "toddler shower". I was so surprised since we've only been in Frankfurt a short time and people don't know us to well, but the love and support for us and for Rosie was so wonderful. I think there were about 30 ladies there. We got so many cute things; clothes, toys, socks, bathtub toys, music cds, practical things like baby bath, mommy bath, baby blankets, money, the list just goes on and one. There are just so many wonderful and sweet people out there. Once I get everything organized, I'll post some photos. My friend Dawnella went all out. She not only had food, games and tons of cute decorations, but she made the most adorable party favors - candles with roses on them (hand decorated) with a scripture verse and saying about Light which I will post later, and a note to everyone to light their candle on the 5th of February to show support for us on "Gotcha Day", also she gave everyone a beautiful little potted plant. It was amazing - I've hosted so many baby showers and I never thought of most of the ideas she came up with. My First Baby Shower! What a milestone. It was so cute yesterday because the boys kept asking me how excited I was, finally last night Alexander said, "Do you think you'll be able to sleep tonight?". I thought that was so cute, but in fact I did have a hard time sleeping!
Thank you to all my beautiful sisters out there and to all my family and loved ones whom I wished could have been here with us.

No comments: