Friday, August 17, 2007

Touched by Angels

I can't remember what I've posted in the past, but the chemo I was on (Xeloda) did not work for me at all. We wasted several weeks with it and I was sick and in the hospital with all the side effects. I'll spare the details but it was bad.

Yesterday, I started some new stuff and so far I don't feel anywhere near as bad as with the xeloda. A little weak and shaking this morning and my bones are killing me but no other bad effects yet.

When I was at the hospital yesterday, one of the nurses came by with sandwhiches - of course they all had meat in them (I'm vegetarian) and I politely declined although I was thinking I better get something in my tummy before dumping all that med into it.

The nurse came back a few minutes later with a portion of eggplant parmasiana that the kitchen had sent up for the nurses - she brought a roll for me too. I was so grateful and as I lay there for 6 hours I kept thinking of all the angels that have pulled me through life's trials. The other day I was thanking all my friends in Germany and Austria and all my family, how can I mention everyone??

A certain friend comes to mind; Dawnella - I've posted often about her, she isthe one who threw me the baby shower. What was so wild about that baby shower was that I hardly knew anyone there. Not only were we new to our ward (congregation), but Dawnella invited a bunch of sisters from her ward whom I'd never met!! Recently she told me that all those sisters (whom I only just barely know or have met only once or even not at all) are praying for me. My stranger angels - certainly the Lord will hear their prayers. I know I have. There have been times when I felt like giving up but it could have only been all your prayers that pulled me through. How I love you all and how blessed I am to know that kind of love - how many people get that opportunity?

I hear that the sister's children pray for me too - I'm sure nothing could be more important than the prayers of your little ones.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holly,
I have missed you, and now I know why I hadn't heard about your travel for Anastasia. Bless you - my heart breaks for you. I don't know how you feel, but I know how your loved ones feel, because cancer has touched our lives too.
We've never met in person, but I love you just the same.
Liz (vladadopt friend)

Anonymous said...

hi holly,

I am very sad to hear about your illness. I wanted to contact you when I was in the USA but let that go, figured you had your hands full and can read this when it is comfortable for you. I admire you and Robert, you all have been one of the best couples that I have ever known. If I can do anything, let me know.
I will be in touch again.

Always,
Gerald

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly-
How are you? I come to your site
often to look for a post from you.
My guess, is that you are resting.

I have photos of your Anastasia!
She looks like a darling little lady now! Wait unitl you see her.
The change is amazing. I will send these to you and hope they bring you peace.

Hang in there!
Mary
Russian Family Search

bb said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your illness. That was truly shocking and heart breaking to hear. I had not checked into your blog for a while. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Cyber Hugs,
Beth
mokbeth.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Holly,

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and I am praying for you. I hope that the new chemo drug has worked. I am so very sorry about all this and I pray that Anastacia will find her a family soon.

Tresa

Judy and Don said...

Hi Holly,
I just read about your illness today! Just reading "Why Me" has put me in tears all afternoon. Please know you are on my heart, and in my prayers!
Your sister in Christ,
Judy
Sept 2005 DTC Group