Friday, August 17, 2007

We've Lost Her....

I haven't posted in so long. So much has happened. In June, I was diagnosed with bone cancer. Actually, to be more acurate, the Breast Cancer is on the move again. I now have "metastisized Breast Cancer in my bones and liver". It is quite advanced. Prognosis not good - they give me 2 yrs w/ less than 20% making it 5 yrs. Though, they say that some have lived longer.

We are now back in the states and bought a home in Manassas and I'm deep into chemo/radiation world again. It is just so much scarier this time -- I had that elusive Hope before and that was what I held onto. Last time I was just so proud of my faith and this time, well, I'm weak.

To shorten it a bit, this has obviously caused us to lose Anastasia. I can't go into it - it is still too painful but I wanted to let you know what is happening. They (our agency) are going to be letting her know soon - as soon as we finish all the last paperwork.

It is so ironic - we should have our courtdate anyday now - how can it be?
Max is having a really hard time with this and has been acting up terribly.
Hold your loved ones close and don't miss a day.

1 comment:

Dzmura Family said...

Your family is continually in our thoughts and prayers. You are such a true example of faith to me and am amazed with your strength and your tremendous testimony of the gospel. I know we only knew each other for such a short period of time, but am blessed to know you and to have your example in my life. Again, you and your family are in our prayers.
Kim Dzmura