Thursday, February 01, 2007

She is ours!!

We got Rosie this morning and she is so amazing. She is quiet and shy so far. She was the only one of the 6 babies in our group who didn't cry. She just stared at us. We gave her some food and she kept eating until 11:30 tonight when I finally got her to sleep. She seems a little depressed, which is understandable - she pays attention to everything though and does not miss the tiniest thing. When I took my contact lens out and put on my glasses, she was very interested and noticed immediately. I remember recently cutting 8 inches off my hair and changing the color too; none of my boys noticed!

She is very calm and methodical. When given a bag of toys/ hair clips etc, she will dump it all out and look at it, then slowly put in all back in the bag or box. She is so smart!

The 12 mos clothes I brought for her are quite loose and some of the 9 mos stuff I borrowed from Dawnella fits just right. She is pretty tiny. She watches me everywhere I go and if I go to the bathroom or "disappear" she starts to cry. Usually if I keep talking she is okay. She got a bath today and she loved it -so, so far no problems except that she is very congested, has diarrhea and a runny nose, but she sure has a good appetite.

We love her. The boys were hanging all over her all day and they were so good as we spent the day at the civil affairs ministry getting paperwork done. The boys were so patient and they helped with the other families etc. I am so blessed. Robert is pretty thrilled too. She is still pretty clinging to me but will let Robert pick her up and play with her. She mimics him which of course cracks him up.

After her bath today, I brushed her hair and she immediately took the brush from me and started brushing her hair and then she brushed the hair of her little stuffed dog.

We love her!! I will post more tomorrow, but am bushed right now. It was such an emotional day, I wish I could share it with everyone. I wish my mom were here! I really want all of my family to know this princess - her eyes are so wise and her body so tiny. I will post pix asap.

No comments: