Thursday, February 01, 2007

Wednesday the 13th

We had a great day today. Wandered around during the day, did some shopping (not much, but the bargains are great here). Rosie spent almost all day playing with her brothers. It was so much fun. The game is to chase Rosie but, of course, not catch her because she is so fast and clever. She finds it hilarious. She is also having a great time playing Peek-a- Boo and is now learning the new song, "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". She pretty much has a captive audience and can make the three boys do what ever she wants. She expects this treatment, of course, so she doesn't really even appreciate it!

We are getting lots of laughs out of her the last couple of days. She just warms our hearts and turns our boys into jelly! Today, for the first time, she reached for daddy when I was holding her. How wonderful. She also says Ba Ba all the time (Daddy).

We just got the saddest news; one of the families we are travelling with has found out that their daughter has Hepatitis C. They are travelling with their bio daughter who is 4 and she has apparently been very ill her whole life. The parents are afraid to take their new daughter and potentially expose their 4 yr old daughter. I just met the mom as I was coming off the elevator and she is just despondent. Robert and I feel so awful for them. We are praying for them, but feel otherwise totally hopeless. We are supposed to go to the consulate tomorrow for the oath ceremony thing and they aren't even sure they will go or what is going on. We have been sitting here looking at Rosie in total shock. If we were to find out today she was dreadfully ill, I can't imagine....as I've stated before in my posts and it may be hard to understand, she is mine. It is as if she were born to me. Seriously. I know that must sound odd, but it is true.

To all the wonderful friends who have emailed me: I am so sorry if I haven't replied yet. I have read every note and they have warmed my heart and I am so glad to know you are following our miraculous journey. I will answer everyone when I get back home and life is a little more normal.

As a side note; the Chinese people all stop and ask about Rosie -- how old is she? Where is she from? Does she have brothers? Sisters? Does she have her own room? Even the Chinese are shocked by how small she is. Anway, one of the men in our group had some cards made up in English and Chinese that say something like, "We are from America. We are adopting our daughter...." and it gives a little info about them. I think this is such a great idea. I would highly recommend it to anyone coming here for adoption purposes. Frankly, I am surprised by how interested the Chinese are in our family and in our daughter.

We are finding China very interesting but quite foreign. We will be so happy to get home! It is so wonderful to have our son back too. He literally stayed in the room and slept for 5 days and I missed having him with us. We are grateful Alexander is feeling better- it just wasn't the same without him.

No comments: